Hello you all and welcome back to the blog! Today I have a new recipe for you all with DOÑA MARÍA®. I have not been a big mole person and I was never against it so when I was offered to show case the mole, I knew I had to come up with a recipe that was good. I don’t like the food soaked in the mole and neither does Sam. I chose to slow cook chicken for tacos! Who can say no to tacos, we love tacos around this household. Let me get ridge into this recipe.
Slow Cooked Shredded Chicken Mole Tacos
- 2 1/2 LBS chicken breast
- 3/4 of the DOÑA MARÍA® Mole
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
Pico De Gallo
- 1 Cup of Tomato- Diced
- 1 Cup of Red Onions- Diced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- Juice of Half a Lime
- Queso Fresco for garnish
- Flour/Corn tortillas for your tacos
- Avocado slices if you would like toads as well
- Get your crockpot/slow cooker ready and place your chicken in the crock pot. I used these Slow Cooker Liners so I wouldn’t have a huge mess.
- Add in all your seasonings to the chicken
- Place your chicken stock in over your chicken and it will cover all your chicken.
- Then you’ll add half of the mole to this and stir it around a bit.
- Set your heat on low and cover for 2 1/2 hours.
- After those 2 1/2 hours have passed you will need to shred the chicken, I used two forks to shred it apart.
- You can then add in the rest of your Mole and and stir it around to make it slightly thicker. and it can coat the chicken a bit more. Set it for about another hour.
- Your chicken is now done and you can remove it to a plate to serve your tacos. If you want you can preserve some of the mole for your tacos.
- Add all your pico de gallo ingredients together and stir.
- Get your tortillas and add your chicken and then top it with the pico de gallo and crumbled Queso Fresco.
- Now serve and eat your Slow Cooked Chicken Mole Tacos, Enjoy 🙂 You may also enjoy my video below.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe and will check out DOÑA MARÍA® for more information and where you can purchase your own mole. Tel me what are some of your favorite mole recipes. Thank you all for stopping by, I enjoy sharing everything with you all and hope you come back.