Hey you all I am back with an awesome adult beverage that I would love to share with you all. Since spring and summer is approaching what better fruit to use than watermelon. We definitely love watermelon around here. It is a nice cool bright treat to eat during these seasons.
I thought margaritas are always the go to drink, what about watermelon margaritas? Love it. So I started gathering some ideas and would love to share my recipe with you all!
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 2-3 peels of lime skin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Tajin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup of Watermelon juice- I got the juice from 3 cups of blended frozen watermelon, this is up to you if you choose to freeze the watermelon.
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp simple syrup
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 4 tbsp TEQUILA (silver)
- lime wedges and watermelon wedges for garnish
SERVINGS: 2 (8) ounce glasses
- Gather all your ingredients for the simple syrup and add to a pot and put it on medium heat. Stirring occasionally until the sugar melts. Once it has all melted set aside to cool.
- Add your watermelon to a blender and blend it until it is smoothie like. Drain the juice and use a cheesecloth to gather the rest of your juice.
- Gather your watermelon juice add your simple syrup, lime juice, orange juice, and TEQUILA.
- Shake so that all your ingredients are mixed. Set aside.
- Add your sea salt, tajin, & sugar together and mix together and place on a plate. Use a lime wedge to cover the moisten the rim of your chosen glass and dip the rim in the mixture to cast it.
- You may add your ice cubes and then pour your already made watermelon mixture over top and add your lime or watermelon wedge.
- You may also make this a frozen margarita and blend with ice if you prefer.
- Now you may ENOY!
I hope you all enjoyed this post and will give it a try. Tell me what are some of your favorite drink choices?
If you enjoyed this pin it & share it 🙂