Hey y’all, if anyone knows one thing about me I love seafood! Not all seafood but most of it lol. So this week I decided I would make spicy shrimp tacos with Yum Yum sauce & Mexican style cream corn. Everything came out amazing and wanted to share this recipe with you all. So if you have read any of my other recipes I might have mentioned that I am not that great with recipes. I usually just throw it all together and it comes out amazing, for the most part. So lately everything that I know I want to put on the blog I have been measuring out and writing everything down just so I can have a recipe for you all. It takes a little bit more time but now I can share them with you all :).
The Yum Yum sauce is something I have made before but we all know I love Pinterest and I do get inspiration from Pinterest a lot. So I found a few different recipes and then made my own version. I love pico de gallo and adding fruits because it brings out such a pretty color and different taste. Initially I wanted to make mango but I went with pineapple. Corn is also one of my favorite side dishes, so I decided to go with cream corn.
- 1 LB of Shrimp (any Size)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/8 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 6-8 Corn/Flour Tortillas
Pineapple Pico De Gallo:
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion (Diced)
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes (Diced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Pineapple (Diced)
- 1/4 Orange Bell Pepper (Diced)
- TBSP Cilantro (Chopped)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- TT Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
YUM YUM Sauce:
- 4 TBSP Mayo
- 2/8 tsp Sriracha
- 2/8 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice of 1 whole Lemon
- Pinch of Smoked Paprika
- TT Salt & Pepper
Mexican Style Cream Corn:
- 20 Oz of fresh or frozen corn
- 4 Oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Queso Fresco
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 TBSP Cilantro (Minced)
- 2 TBSP Water
1. Avocado (Diced)
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- I started with the shrimp so they can marinate for little bit while I gathered all other ingredients together. Add all ingredients for the spicy shrimp in a bowl and toss so all ingredients coat the shrimp. Cover and set aside for later.
- Dice all your ingredients for the pineapple pico de gallo and put together in one bowl and toss. Start with small amounts of salt and pepper and then taste. Make sure to not use the same utensil every time you taste or stir. Seasoning it to your liking. Cover and set aside. You can leave this dish out or place in the refrigerator your choice.
- Now its time for the YUM YUM Sauce. Gather all your ingredients for it and make sure to stir it together to make sure it is all blended. Add your salt and pepper lightly until it is to your liking. Again tasting and stirring make sure to use a new utensil every time or wash it every time. Cover and Place in the refrigerator.
- Grab a pot and pour your corn in and set the heat on medium. Add your water and add the lid for a few minutes once it is warm. Then add your butter, cream cheese and 1 TBSP queso fresco. Stir this around a bit and replace the lid and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- During the five minute wait gather a pan and and put it on medium heat and add your shrimp the pan and cook until they are pink and cooked thoroughly. This should only take 5-10 minutes.
- In between the shrimp cooking check on your corn to see if the cream cheese has been melted down and stir to incorporate all the ingredients. At this time add your salt and pepper and stir once more. Then cover for 10 minutes.
- The shrimp should be finished by now so you can set them aside for serving.
- Gather your tortillas warm them either by stove top or microwave.
- Lay your tortillas flat out and add your shrimp, pineapple pico de gallo, yum yum sauce, and then a few pieces of the avocado.
- Serve your corn on the plate and then crumble some of the remaining queso fresco on top with a little bit of the chopped cilantro and a dash of smoked paprika.
- Now sit down and enjoy your plate of wonderful food!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and I would love all your feedback. I am still new at making recipes and directions so please feel free to let me know what you did differently or something that I could have told you all.
What are some of your favorite tacos to make? What about side dishes?
Thanks for stopping by the Blog today 🙂
If you like it, PIN it 🙂